Saturday, November 3, 2007

New Information

I had my first 2 days with my group at work, and learned a few things from them:

1. It's really hard to get my PC set up in Japanese. I have it, but it's useless until I get the software installed, and I can't read enough to actually install things.
2. The Japanese keyboard layout is different. The spacebar is about 1/3 of what it is on an American keyboard and the keys next to it change it from typing in English to typing in Japanese.
3. My whole group lives within 1 km of my place.
4. There's a good okinomiyaki place about 1.5 km away, I'm going there tonight.
5. The Honda Life I picked out is a chick car. Watch this video to see the lifestyle Honda imagines a Life driver living: http://www.honda.co.jp/LIFE/imagemovie/index.html
6. Mugen (Honda's main performance parts supplier) makes some parts to man-up the Life. I may consider them. http://www.mugen-power.com/street/life/parts/parts2.html
7. My apartment is very close to the main izaki-ya (bar) district.

Not much else to say. No real plans for the weekend except learning more about my neighborhood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dan, I'm digging the wheels. Nice and manly-like. I think you found the Japanese lifestyle equivalent to a CRV. The apartment looks pretty sweet. Glad to hear everything's going well.
Take it easy,
-Bobbie